The WCD will provide meritorious dermatologists from around the world, regardless of economic background, the opportunity to participate in the educational and networking benefits of the WCD through our scholarship program.
Scholarship Application Deadline – NOW CLOSED
Requirements for Scholarship Applicants
For All Scholarships:
- English language is mandatory
- Applicants must participate in at least one World Congress scientific activity such as an oral communication and/or a poster presentation. Abstracts for oral/poster presentations must be submitted online to the Congress Secretariat by September 30, 2014
- All scholarship applicants who are trainees must submit verification of their educational status, such as a letter from the Department Head or Program Director
- Attendance at the World Congress must not also be supported by industry. (The committee reserves the right to rescind scholarships to awardees whose abstracts and/or attendance were supported by industry)
- Scholarship applicants who are dermatology residents, registrars, or fellows may also wish to consider applying for the “Residents, Registrars, or Fellows Forum” which offers extended oral presentation times. Please refer to the Guidelines for Abstract Submission page for details.
Additional requirements for:
WCD Trainee Scholarship
- An applicant who is in training in dermatology as a residents, registrar, or fellow (medical students are not eligible for scholarships)
WCD Rising Star Scholarship
- A dermatologist under the age of 40 at the time of the World Congress (June 8, 2015) and not at the rank of Full Professor
WCD Dermatologist Scholarship
- Certified dermatologists residing in one of the countries defined by the World Bank as Low income or Lower-Middle income. To view, click World Bank List of Economies.
Scholarships will not cover all participant costs. Scholarship amounts will be determined by the WCD, and will be used towards defraying the costs of registration, accommodation, and/or travel expenses. Final scholarship amounts will be based on region of residence and the number of members who are officially registered with the ILDS from each region.
Scholarship Application – NOW CLOSED
For additional information, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org