A spectacular award-winning gathering place.
1055 Canada Place, Vancouver, BC
With its harbourfront location and breathtaking views, the Vancouver Convention Centre (VCC) offers delegates one of the most beautiful settings in the world. At the VCC, you’re at the centre of it all with a rapid transit station one block away and over 13,000 quality hotel rooms within walking distance.
- 43,340 m² (466,500 ft²) of total facility space.
- The only two-time winner of the prestigious International Association of Congress Centres (AIPC) award for ‘World’s Best Convention Centre’ (2002, 2008).
- The West building has received LEED® (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) Platinum Certification, making the Vancouver Convention Centre the first convention centre in the world to receive the highest LEED® rating.
- Awarded “GO GREEN” certificate from the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) for industry-approved, environmental best practices in building management.
- Greenest convention centre in the world, including a living roof, seawater heating and cooling, on-site water treatment and fish habitat built into the foundation of the West Building.
- A six acre ‘living roof’, the largest green roof in Canada and the largest non-industrial living roof in North America, on the West building features more than 400,000 indigenous plants and four beehives.
- VCC recycles an average of 180,000 kilograms of materials annually, nearly half of the total volume of waste generated.